FAQ: Consultative Music Therapy

Q. What does "consultative music therapy services" mean?
A. Please refer to this page for a definition and brief description. If you still have questions, go ahead and make your way back here to the FAQs.

Q. Who can receive consultative services?
A. Because my services cover such a wide variety of areas, there really is no limit to who can benefit. Populations include (but are not limited to) children who are:
  • diagnosed with autism and/or other developmental disorders
  • diagnosed with ADHD or other attention disorders
  • suffering from learning, behavioral and/or emotional disorders
  • experiencing grief or trauma
  • undergoing surgery or medical treatment
  • typically developing and enjoy/learn best through music
My services are extended not only to individual children, but groups (siblings, classrooms, day care, birthday parties) as well. I also consult with parents, teachers, music therapists, and other professionals who would like to incorporate music into children's lives, whether it is at school, home, or play.

Q. I'm interested, but I don't live near you.
A. That is one of the nice aspects of consultative services: you can receive them from anywhere in the United States, as long as you have phone and internet access, and a mailing address. Our communication will take place largely via phone and email, and materials (songs, resources, etc.) will be sent electronically as much as possible. There is no limit to technology in this day and age; we can even videoconference via Skype!

Q. This all sounds great, but how much does it cost?
A. Once you sign up for an initial consultation, I will send you a list of all the consultative services I offer. Each individual service (resource lists, songs targeting specific goals, adapted sheet music, etc.) is assigned an amount of time based on how long I spend preparing it to meet your individual needs. 

Q. How do I pay for consultative services?
A. All payments are made through PayPal, a safe and secure way to transfer money online. Upon requesting a service, you will either be able to either pay automatically or you will receive an invoice (depending on the type of service). You can use your credit card or PayPal account to make payments.

Q. Can I begin receiving consultative services now?
A. I will not begin providing consultative services until January. However, if you are interested, please let me know via email. I am currently filling spots for initial consultations!

Q. How often can I request services?
A. During the initial consultation, we will come up with a "game plan" to best serve your child or student(s). Each plan will be unique, and frequency of services will depend on the needs, goals, and special considerations of the child(ren) involved.

If you still have questions, or to reserve your initial consultation,
please do not hesitate to contact me.